Thursday 30 May 2013

Fabric shopping in Bristol

I was so excited yesterday...!  Like the compulsive fabric shopper that I have now become, I Googled 'Bristol fabric shops', and found there was a Fabric Land in the centre of town.  So Liz and I decided to take a little wander down yesterday on our lunch break to check it out.  I was really keen to get some new fabric for my latest project - the circle skirt from the Great British Sewing Bee book.

Well...!

It didn't look like much from the outside, but once I was in...I could barely decide what to do, where to go - I was overwhelmed with choice!  There are so many fabrics, and really reasonably priced as well, which is good for a beginner like me.  After all, you don't want to spend a fortune on fabric which you then end up unpicking five hundred times...!

Eventually I got myself two different fabrics - check them out.  Floral prints are my new favourite thing!


I think the blue one is quite Cath Kidson-esque, and I've already started making my new circle skirt from it - pictures to follow.  I've not quite decided what to do with the black fabric, but I may just make another skirt from it, if this one goes well - you can never have too many summer skirts, after all.

I will definitely be back there - I've a feeling that dashing into town for a fabric fix may become my favourite 'summer lunch time' activity!

Just before I sign off today - here's a (not very good) picture of the 'bank holiday bunting' in place at the window at the top of our stairs.


And here is me wearing my new top in the sunshine on Clevedon pier - I'm happy to report that it has been out and about, and hasn't fallen to pieces yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment