Thursday, 7 November 2013

Slouchy green beret

My green beret from the Simply Crochet pattern is finished - I actually finished it off last weekend, but it's taken me a while to take a few pictures - they're certainly not the most professional (taken on my phone, I'm afraid), but you get the idea.

I really like the colours in it, and the spiral pattern adds a bit more interest as well. Perfect for my new obsession with green...!

As with every new project, there were plenty of challenges.  As well as the front post double crochet stitch, which took a while to get my head around, I found the beret came out a little wider than expected.  I think I need to start measuring my gauge - I tend to be one of the people who wants instant gratification with my projects and doesn't want to faff about with measuring etc, but once I start making sweaters (I got a book in America, so that's my ultimate plan!), I know they're going to require a lot more accuracy.  This beret isn't too loose to wear though - and I may get some elastic to thread through the brim, just to tighten it up a little.

I'm looking forward to wearing it out and about now that the winter is coming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment