Saturday 13 July 2013

A little bit more fabric shopping in London

We got a bonus early finish last Thursday, so I absolutely couldn't resist heading back to Berwick Street - I wanted another chance to have a look around the shops without feeling guilty about my poor husband hanging around suspiciously outside!

On Saturday I was in one of the 'Misan Fabrics' shops, but there's actually two - and one of them has a bargain basement.  As you can imagine, this was right up my street!  Some of the fabrics in there were still a bit out of my price range, but there were some ones that were really reasonably priced.  I got 2 metres of this pink and brown diamond pattern below - it's got a lovely silky feel, and I think it'll be perfect for a new top that's a bit more dressy.





I also went back to The Cloth House again - and explored No 47, which I'd not been in before.  It has the most gorgeous patterned fabrics - I completely fell in love with so many of them.  However, I already had something in mind, so I went down to No 98's basement, and got this lovely bright, stretchy fabric for a summer maxi-skirt.


Now that I'm finished in London, and back home for a week, I can't wait to get sewing again.  We're off to Florida (via Northern Ireland!) next Saturday, so I'm getting my summer wardrobe ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment