Friday 19 July 2013

Yarn shopping

Worryingly for my bank balance, my new found love of crochet has swiftly translated into a new search for wool shops.  I've bought a few gorgeous yarns recently - here's a sneaky peak before they actually become something...!




This fab variegated yarn was in the reduced section of Hobbycraft in Newport, so it didn't hurt the bank balance at all!  This will probably become another beanie - unless something else takes my fancy beforehand!






While we were up in Scotland for my cousin's wedding, we happened upon a little craft shop in Aberfoyle.  They had all sorts of different handmade crafts - jewellery, beanies, soaps, even clocks - but they also had this lovely Aran wool.  It's made in the Lanarkshire mills, and I just couldn't resist this 'Blueberry' coloured wool.  I've got plans for this one - an infinity scarf that I pinned recently - so I bought two to ensure I have enough!

Just on the knitting theme, here's my lovely mummy knitting in her hotel room up in Scotland that same trip!  She's making a jumper for my brother - he's decided that he's quite into these hand made items.  I'm sure it's made a bit of progress since this picture was taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment