Monday 26 August 2013

Little flowers circle skirt

I like my circle skirt so much that I decided to make another one when I came back from holiday - just to get me back into the way of things before I started into the patterns that I bought in Florida.

I made a bit of an impulse fabric buy just before I went on holiday - I was in Fabricland and found this lovely silky fabric (although I'd imagine it's polyester or something like that) and it was such a warm day I could just imagine it perfectly as a skirt.  Here it is...

Little flowers circle skirt

As far as fabrics go, this was definitely one of the most challenging I've worked with so far - so slippery to work with.  All the books / blogs etc had me well warned, but even so, I hadn't realised how much of a challenge cutting it would be, let alone getting it all pinned and ready to sew!  That does mean that length-wise it's slightly uneven, but I'm still really pleased with it.

Here's another photo below - looking a bit breezy!  As it's a different type of fabric it lays quite differently to the other circle skirt I made, and it's really interesting to see how the different fabric affects the shape of the skirt.  I really like it - another one that's perfect for the last few days of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment