Wednesday 19 June 2013

Fabric shopping in Bedminster

It's been a slow week for sewing - I've had quite a lot on in the evenings, which has distracted me a bit unfortunately!  I went out in the sun at lunchtime today though and went to Calico for a bit of fabric browsing.  Well...it was meant to just be a browse, but of course once I was in there I just couldn't resist...!

My next project is going to be PJ bottoms, and I'm going to make them from the new fabric I got today!  It's a beautiful soft cotton stripe - perfect for comfy PJs for curling up in.


However...I am in a bit of a quandry at the moment - I was going to use the pattern from the Great British Sewing Bee book, but I've read a few things online that imply that the pattern sizing isn't quite right.  I've been on the Simplicity website, and found this project for pyjama pants instead, so I think I might give it a go!  Has anyone tried either of these patterns - any recommendations?

The other fabric which I got recently is this gorgeous denim star print - I got it in the Nelaro Fabrics sale on Facebook!  Unfortunately it was the very end of the line, and so I could only get half a metre - so that obviously very much limits what I can make with it!  It might be another bag - we'll see.  Any other ideas welcome...!

Denim stars
No plans for the weekend as yet (apart from packing for my trip to London) so hopefully I'll get some sewing fitted in, and maybe even take my new PJs away with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment