Monday 26 May 2014

Fabric shopping on the Goldhawk Road

I made another trip to London last week - a training week with work, and we had a early finish one day which allowed me to sneak across London to the Goldhawk Road for a cheeky buzz around the fabric shops!

This was my first trip to the Goldhawk Road - although all the blog I read recommend it as a fantastic place to buy.  As soon as you exit the tube station there are seven or eight shops right outside the door.  I literally ran in and out of most of them for a quick nosey - it was around 5 so it was pretty quiet, and there were some fantastic bargains!



I got myself a little selection of fabrics - ranging from £1.50 per metre for this gorgeous striped jersey, to £3 per metre for these fabulous silky spots.



Lest you think all I've doing is buying fabric without actually doing anything with it, I'm already making a chevron maxi with the stripped jersey - and the spotty fabric is going to become a blouse.  I'd better stay away from any shops on my next trip - I need to get a few bits and pieces finished before I increase my stash any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment